Academy of Sport
Success Through the Pursuit of Sporting Excellence.
The Phoenix Academy of Sport program is designed to provide each individual student opportunities to access the best coaching, facilities and authentic academic pathways available to help them achieve their sporting aspirations or vocational pursuits. We partner with community organisations and elite sporting teams to maximise student potential in their sporting endeavours. Student skills such as leadership, self-discipline, teamwork and social skills will be enhanced through participation in the Phoenix Academy of Sport.
The program runs from Year 7 through to Year 11, during timetabled school class time. As a part of the program, students will have access to the following opportunities:
- Specialised sport coaching and feedback
- Athletic development
- Fitness and sport specific testing
- Athlete education
- Personal capability training
- Access to sporting camps, excursions, and elite sporting facilities.
- Participation in Ballarat Associated Sports competition
- Utilise new and improved facilities at the Phoenix College.
- Students and parents/families can access information regarding best practice principles in Physical Education and Human Movement.
Academy Sports Offered
The Aim of the Phoenix Academy of Sport Program
- To improve individual student ability in their chosen sport.
- To improve leadership and personal capabilities of students involved.
- To provide an authentic academic pathway for students in the HAPE area.
- To help students achieve an appropriate balance between their academic and sporting aspirations.
- To develop community partnerships with local sporting clubs and organisations.
For further information about this program, please contact the Academy of Sport Coordinator on (03) 5329 3293.