Safe Schools/Child Safety
Statement of Commitment to Child Safety
Phoenix P-12 Community College is committed to Child Safety, including respecting cultural diversity therefore:
- Has zero tolerance for child abuse.
- Actively works to listen to and empower children.
- Ensures that the Child Safety Policies and Strategies apply to all school environments (including Redan Primary Campus, Sebastopol Senior Campus, DOTS Campus, Phoenix Kindergarten) and the associated online environments.
- Has systems to protect children from abuse, and will take all allegations and concerns very seriously and respond to them consistently in line with the organisation’s policies and procedures.
- Has policy and processes in place to report child abuse.
- Is committed to promoting cultural safety and inclusion for Aboriginal children; cultural safety and inclusion for children from culturally and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds, and to providing a safe and inclusive environment for children with a disability.
- Is committed to providing equal opportunities for all students, regardless of cultural and diverse backgrounds.
- Is inclusive of all students.
- Has processes in place to ensure that all parents, staff, volunteers and the wider community have an understanding of the College Child Safety Policies and Strategies.
Further information on Child Safe Standards can be found on the Department of Health and Human Services website.
Education and Training Reform Act 2006 will contain the minimum actions that schools must take to meet each of the child safe standards.
Early childhood services operating under the National Quality Framework or Children’s Services Act 1996 should contact: email@example.com
Licensed Children’s Services Enquiry line: 1300 307 415